We have five members of the team who may work on your matter. For more information on the team members, please click on their names below to be taken to their personal profiles.
- Fionan Foo, Partner and Head of Real Estate
- Peter Paschalis, Partner
- Kevin Bichard, Consultant
- Kiriacos Sallangou, Consultant
Our fees may be structured in two ways: hourly rate or fixed rate. Our hourly rates range between £200 to £450 depending on the seniority of the fee earner undertaking the work. Where possible we will use more junior fee earners (supervised by a partner) to keep costs at a minimum.
Fixed rates will depend on the value and complexity of a transaction:
- Up to £500,000: 0.1% to 0.3%
- £500,001 to £700,000: 0.2% to 0.5%
- £700,001 to £1,000,000: 0.3% to 0.7%
- From £1,000,001: 0.4% to 0.9%
However, as every client is unique, we will consider all the circumstances to find the best arrangement to suit each specific transaction.
Conveyancer's fees and disbursements
Fees and disbursements are likely to include the following:
- Legal fee
- Search fees
- HM Land Registry fee
- Electronic money transfer fee
- VAT payable
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
- Notice of transfer fee: This fee if chargeable is set out in the lease. Often the fee is between £50 to £100.
- Notice of charge fee (if the property is to be mortgaged): This fee is set out in the lease. Often the fee is between £50 and £100.
- Deed of covenant fee: This fee is provided by the management company for the property and can be difficult to estimate. Often it is between £75 and £140.
- Certificate of compliance fee: To be confirmed upon receipt of the lease, as can range between £50 to £100.
These fees vary from property to property and can on occasion be significantly more than the ranges given above. We can give you an accurate figure once we have sight of your specific documents.
You should also be aware that ground rent and service charge are likely to apply throughout your ownership of the property. We will confirm the ground rent and the anticipated service charge as soon as this we receive this information.
Stamp duty or land tax
This depends on the purchase price of your property. You can calculate the amount you will need to pay by using HMRC's website.
Work we undertake
- Take your instructions and give you initial advice
- Check finances are in place to fund purchase and contact lender/lender's solicitors if needed
- Receive and advise on contract documents
- Carry out searches
- Obtain further planning documentation if required
- Make any necessary enquiries of seller's solicitor
- Give you advice on all documents and information received
- Go through conditions of mortgage offer with you
- Send final contract to you for signature
- Agree completion date
- Exchange contracts and notify you that this has happened
- Arrange for all monies needed to be received from lender and you
- Complete transaction
- Deal with payment of Stamp Duty/Land Tax
- Deal with application for registration at Land Registry
Time frames involved
The precise time frames in a transaction vary according to the circumstances. However, there are two main steps involved:
- Exchange contracts: Within 4 to 6 weeks
- Completion: 2 to 4 weeks from the exchange date
All prices exclude VAT.