- In England house prices grew by 1.1% in the year to April 2019 with the North East experiencing the greatest monthly price rise, up by 5% over March.
- London shows, on average, house prices have risen by 2.4% since March 2019. An annual price fall of 1.2% takes the average property value to £471,504.
- Annual price declines appear to be slowing down in London.
- The average property price in Fulham is now £718,767 representing an annual increase of 1.2%.
- In April 2019, the most expensive area (in London) to live in was Kensington and Chelsea, where the cost of an average house was £1.3million. In contrast, the cheapest area to purchase a property remains Barking and Dagenham, where an average house cost £299,000.
Successful completion against all odds
Hyde Park Residential is delighted to report on the recent completion of the sale of two seven bedroom houses in North London. This particular transaction has been in the making for the past 20 months.
Hyde Park Residential was instructed to coordinate the sale of the properties in mid-2017 on behalf of the former owners. Within a few weeks they identified a buyer and secured a price that was reasonably above asking.
Thereafter, a number of unforeseen issues cropped up that could have derailed the transaction. With a good dose of patience and diplomacy Hyde Park Residential managed to resolve them all to the relief of all stakeholders. The new owners have now submitted planning applications to redevelop the properties into 14 apartments. A good ending for both parties and appreciation to Peter Paschalis who acted for the vendors on the transaction.