Covid-19: Impact on courts and tribunals
A summary of how HM Courts and Tribunals Service will function during the coronavirus pandemic.
Since 30 March 2020, a network of priority courts and tribunals (42% of the courts and tribunals across England and Wales) remain open for essential face-to face hearings during the pandemic.
In general terms:
- The use of telephone, video and other technology will be used for remote hearings where possible.
- For jury trials, all new trials will be postponed for a short time to allow the courts to make arrangements and to allow space to manage existing trial.
- Crown Courts are only covering urgent work.
- All ongoing housing possession action has been suspended.
- Magistrates’ courts are only covering urgent work.
If you would like more information in relation to this article or any of the matters raised above, please contact Dominic Holden at email@example.com. This article is provided for general information only and is not intended to be nor should it be relied upon as legal advice in relation to any particular matter.